What Is Reroofing?
When you have your home reroofed, a professional will clean the existing roof and repair any visible leak points. Then, directly over the top of your old roof, they will affix new shingles or metal panels over damaged areas or the entire roof.
What Is Roof Replacement?
To complete a total roof replacement, contractors will remove your old roofing material, including the barrier underneath. Then, after inspecting for and repairing damage, they will install roofing in the material and color of your choice.
How to Decide Between Reroofing and Roof Replacement?
Comparing re-roofing vs. replacement may seem like an overwhelming task without guidance. Our team is here to take the stress out of your roofing decisions. If you’re having a hard time deciding which course of action to take, here are some things our professionals want you to consider about each option.
- Takes much less time
- Less upfront cost
- Can prolong the life of your roof
- Improves the look of your home with minimal effort
- May conceal underlying issues
- Less durable than a new roof
- Patched areas may stand out due to material differences
- Not a possibility if the sub-roof has extensive damage
- Adding more than two layers of roofing is not advisable
Roof Replacement Pros
- Peace of mind knowing your roof is secure
- More durable
- More cost-effective in the long-run
- Increased home value and curb appeal
- May lower your home insurance premium
- Higher energy efficiency
Roof Replacement Cons
- More time commitment
- Larger upfront investment
You Can Count on DiPietri Contractors Inc.
With over 30 years of roofing experience serving southern Maryland, we have become a trusted name for roofing, siding, remodeling and more. We take pride in each project and believe our work speaks for itself. If you’re unsure which path you should take, our experienced team at DiPietri Contractors Inc. can help you decide which option will best suit your needs. We know that roof upgrades are a big decision, so we offer free estimates to help you plan for your project. For more information about our services or to schedule a free estimate, reach out to our friendly customer service team at (301) 855-2584 or fill out our convenient online contact form.